Monday, February 20, 2012

The Holy Family Folder




February is dedicated to the Holy Family.  The Holy Family's Feast Day is December 26th.  I've finally gotten around to creating a Holy Family folder.  

The Holy Family







Coloring pages here here here here here here and here.  Also coloring page of the Holy Family from FaithKeepers CD.

The prayer I chose:

Dear God, Heavenly Father, it was part of Your eternal decree that Your only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ, the Savior of the human race, should form a holy family with Mary, His blessed mother, and His foster father, Saint Joseph.  In Nazareth, their home life was sanctified, and a perfect example was given to every Christian family. We pray that we may fully understand and faithfully imitate the virtues of the Holy Family so that we may be united with them one day in their heavenly glory. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Click on HERE to see a listing, in order, of all the Saints and Feast Day folders I've made for the liturgical year to get ideas for coloring pages, and prayers and Saint biographies; or check out the right sidebar and click on the picture of the Archangels folder.





Gardenia

3 comments:

  1. Very nice. I'm curious how you use the folders in your home with your little flower. Just a peek. I have my own ideas of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicole, in ideal circumstances, we read a bible story about the Saint (or in this case the Holy Family), and then we recite the prayers inside the folder... usually while we are coloring or painting the coloring pages. Sometimes, we make artwork out of the coloring pages -- frame it on cardstock paper, glitter glue, etc., and hang them up to remind us about the bible story so we can talk more about it. Sometimes, we read a story about the saint as well. I also try to extract from the Saint's story a virtue, and talk about that during the lesson and afterward.

      Delete
  2. Oh I love your ideas about the file folders! I have been wanting to them with my sons too. Thanks for the amazing ideas. Love the file folders you have made as well. How old is Little Flower? My youngest is almost five and he really loves these types of things and can not get enough about Jesus :D Thanks for sharing. You have motivated me to do some with my sons.

    ReplyDelete