Sunday, July 31, 2011

Happy St. Ignatius Day

Happy Feast Day of the founder of the Society of Jesus.



St. Ignatius reformed his life and turned his life and his will over to God.
Read more about St. Ignatius (with wonderful pictures)  HERE.  My folder is HERE (scroll down in that post).

I've been reading about St. Ignatius, and his Spiritual Exercises.  It sounds quite challenging, especially for us busy mothers who try to meet everyone's needs before our own.  I'd be interested to know whether others have made the "long retreat" with the Spiritual Exercises.  I'm sure it must be a wonderfullly intimate devotion to Our Lord. 

St. Ignatius’ Prayer for generosity

Lord, teach me to be generous.
Teach me to serve you as you deserve;
to give and not to count the cost,
to fight and not to heed the wounds,
to toil and not to seek for rest,
to labor and not to ask for reward,
save that of knowing that I do your will.
Amen
St. Ignatius, pray for us!
A.M.D.G.
(all for the greater glory of God)



2 comments:

  1. AMDG
    There are several options for following the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises. Having said that, nothing compares to a silent Ignatian retreat. I highly recommend such a retreat for all! Especially for those who are facing major life decisions (Ie; coming of age, discernment of vocation, pre-marriage, etc...)
    receiving direction from a spritual director/priest who has a charism in the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises would be a close second to a retreat. The Spiritual Exercises are life changing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too find an attraction or pull to Ignatian spirituality. I'd love to do a silent retreat someday! Thank you for posting your inspiration...love that quote in the top picture. Oh and that prayer is so deep and right on the mark:) God's glory shine upon you, Gardenia!

    ReplyDelete