This beautiful little saint gave her life for Jesus, to protect her purity.
coloring page here and from Faith Keepers CD HERE. Lily (for purity) and cross coloring page HERE.
Prayer HERE, or copy the one I used:
Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; Maria's farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children.
In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, tried to assault her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander stabbed her with a knife. As she lay in the hospital, she forgave Alexander before she died. Her death didn't end her forgivness, however.
Alexander was imprisoned and was unrepentant until he had a dream that Maria gave him flowers. When he woke, he was a changed man, repenting of his crime and living a reformed life. When he was released after 27 years he went directly to Maria's mother to beg her forgiveness, which she gave. "If my daughter can forgive him, who am I to withold forgiveness," she said.
Prayer HERE, or copy the one I used:
I WAS CREATED AS A UNIQUE CHILD OF GOD.
I am special! My body was made in God's image. I
will cherish my body as a gift from God.
Born in Corinaldo, Ancona, Italy, on October 16 1890; Maria's farmworker father moved his family to Ferrier di Conca, near Anzio. Her father died of malaria and her mother had to struggle to feed her children.
In 1902 an eighteen-year-old neighbor, Alexander, tried to assault her. When Maria said that she would rather died than submit, Alexander stabbed her with a knife. As she lay in the hospital, she forgave Alexander before she died. Her death didn't end her forgivness, however.
Alexander was imprisoned and was unrepentant until he had a dream that Maria gave him flowers. When he woke, he was a changed man, repenting of his crime and living a reformed life. When he was released after 27 years he went directly to Maria's mother to beg her forgiveness, which she gave. "If my daughter can forgive him, who am I to withold forgiveness," she said.
When in 1950 Maria was canonized by Pope Pius XII for her purity as model for youth, Alexander was there in the crowd at St. Peter's Basilica to celebrate her canonization.
St. Maria is called a martyr because she fought against Alexander's attempts at assault. However, the most important aspect of her story is her forgiveness of her attacker -- her concern for her enemy extending even beyond death. Her feast day is July 6. St. Maria Goretti is the patroness of youth and for the victims of assault.
Saint Maria Goretti, pray for us !
Click on HERE to see a listing, in order, of all the Saints and Feast Day folders for the liturgical year, or check out the top right of my sidebar and click on the picture of the Archangels folder.Also, Xhonane at Familia Catolica has a similar post HERE listing the liturgical folders she has made thus far, and she will add to it as well.
Beautiful!!! As always!!!
ReplyDeleteSorry I have not been around much ... I am being drawn to some very, very important missions for Christ. You can catch up on my blog, but I am here to implore you to come, if not already, to COMPLETE conversion, and to pray the Rosary, every day if possible, attend weekly Mass and confession, and to try and bring your friends and family members who are lost to conversion.
ReplyDeletePray for me as I pray for you,
Abbey ♥
I am admiring these so much! (Especially your hard work!) Love the listing~Thank you;-)
ReplyDelete