Wednesday, September 8, 2010

September Saints and Feasts

I've finished Saints folders for the remaining Saints and Feast days we plan to celebrate this month:

Triumph of Cross -- Sept. 14
Our Lady of Sorrows -- Sept. 15
Saint Padre Pio and -- Sept. 23
ArchAngels -- Sept. 29

To read my post on Our Blessed Mother's Birthday, go HERE.   And I've collected all the Saints and Feast Days folders in my post, "Through the Liturgical Year," HERE, or go to my sidebar on the top right and click on the picture of the Archangels folder.



Triumph (Exaltation) of the Holy Cross -- September 14




Making the Sign of the Cross coloring page from Cathoic Toolbox, here.
Jesus carrying the cross coloring page is from Faith Keepers, a Catholic Artworks product which I bought from Soft Saints, here, and was very happy with the shipping turn around time -- I received it quickly !

Prayer: “And when I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw everyone to myself” (Jn 12:32)

I chose this song which I love, here, or copy below:

Lift high the cross,
the love of Christ proclaim
till all the world adore
his sacred Name.

Our Lady of Sorrows -- September 15







I used a coloring page from Faith Keepers which I bought from Soft Saints.  There are also two other coloring pages at Waltzing Matilda would be nice to use to celebrate Our Lady of the Sorrows, here.  (They are labeled Our Lady of Sorrows and Mary, Mother of God.)

For the prayer, I chose The Seven Sorrows of Our Lady, found here or copy below:

1. The Prophecy of Simeon
2. The Flight into Egypt
3. The Loss of Jesus in the Temple
4. Mary meets Jesus Carrying the Cross
5. The Crucifixion
6. Mary Receives the Dead Body of Her Son
7. The Burial of Her Son and Closing of the Tomb

Saint Padre Pio Pietrelcina -- September 23

I really enjoyed putting together this Saint folder because in the process, I discovered the wonderful Saint Padre Pio. I knew very little about him and the wonderful holy life he led.  I found some testimonies of people who have been aided or cured or helped spiritually by Saint Pio's intercessions.  I now have a new Saint to read more about.














Coloring page here. Isn't it beautiful?  The other coloring page I got from Faith Keepers which is a CD of 110 holy cards that you can print and color (or print off the ones already colored), purchased from Soft Saints, here. Waltzing Matilda also has two beautiful Saint Padre Pio coloring pages, here, which we will be using.

The quotes are Saint Pio's, here, or copy:

Pray, hope, and don't worry.
-------
Do not let the persecution of worldlings and of all those who live without the Spirit of Jesus Christ deter you from following the road trodden by the saints.
-------
Live in such a way that your Heavenly Father may be proud of you.
-------
You ought to ask our Lord for just one thing, to love Him.
All the rest should be thanksgiving.


Feast of the Archangels -- September 29

The Archangels are Michael, Gabriel and Raphael.  I posted here the Saint Folder for St. Michael.  Then I made one for all three Archangels:









I read recently that Michael, Gabriel and Raphael are the only three saints identified by name in the bible.  Raphael is the protector of travelers, Michael is the defender of the Church and protects us from evil, and Gabriel is God's messenger. 

Archangel Gabriel visited the parents of St. John the Baptist, St. Elizabeth and St. Zachariah, to tell them they would soon have a son (St. John the baptist).  Gabriel visited the Virgin Mary, calling her "full of grace,"  and told her she would be the mother of the messiah if she would agree to God's will for her life.  Gabriel also appeared to St. Joseph to tell him of God's plan, and later, to tell Joseph to flee with Mary to Egypt.

The coloring page of Michael bordered in yellow above is hand drawn by Vee, at Paper Dali, here.  The three coloring pages bordered in orange above are from Faith Keepers here.   And one more coloring page of all three angels (not pictured) is found at Coloring Saints, here.  And we'll also be coloring two coloring pages of the Annunciation (bordered in green above), Gabriel bringing the message to Mary of her mission, which can be found here and here.

Two prayers I chose for this folder:

He will command his angels concerning you,
to guard you,
With their hands they will support you,
lest you dash your foot against a stone.
Luke 4:10-11 and Psalm 91:11-12

and St. Michael’s Prayer:

Saint Michael the Archangel,

defend us in battle.

Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.


Want to join in and create a liturgical folder to celebrate a Saint or other feast day?  Use the ones I've used, or check out Xhonane's folders at Familia Catolica, here.  Or create your own.  I'd love to see them.




11 comments:

  1. I love the folders! They look so fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you take requests? If so, ONLY IF you have the time and resources, would you mind doing one for our Korean children? St. Andrew Kim Taegon is celebrated on Sept. 20. ONLY IF you have the time. So appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the folders! You always find great coloring pages.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been working so hard! I would love to fit a couple of these into our monthly plans. Thanks again for passing on all of the great sites and resources...love your picks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!! You did an amazing job Gardenia!! Thank you for sharing all your creativity! I loved them all! I really like the titles you have been adding, I am considering doing something like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely WONDERFUL! WOW! What a great job you've done Gardenia! I'll bet Flower LOVES these folders!
    Padre Pio said that we could survive more easily without the SUN than we could without a single Mass!
    There's something to ponder, eh?
    I have tagged you today:
    http://benmakesten.blogspot.com/2010/09/tagged-to-spread-news.html
    Hope you'll join the game.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the picture of Christ carrying the cross.
    Thank you for sharing these wonderful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness I wish I'd come over here a couple of weeks ago! Thanks for all of these. We'll definitely be doing some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow these are great! I think I'll use your prayers on my Archangel decorations! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are GREAT!!!! I'm sorry I missed this post in my search! I would have added it to my list! Well, I'm glad you linked it up to my Tea with St. Anne link-up party! God Bless you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete