We are focusing on Mary and Joseph's long trip to Bethlehem in the cold and dark, Mary sitting on the little gray donkey and Joseph leading the way.
We're readng The Donkey's Dream book that tells the story of the gray donkey who carried Mary to Bethlehem, all the way dreaming . . . and waking to find them all at the stable, ready for Mary to give birth to the Savior. And then with eyes wide open and awake, the gray donkey sees the Little Lord Jesus.
We made some On the Way to Bethlehem pictures with internet images and glue on purple cardstock, with silvery embellishments for stars in the dark sky.
Our crafting was interrupted for a minute when Flower left for a bit.
Where are you, I asked after a while.
"I'm putting on lipstick." Sure enough she was.
"Want to put some lipstick on, Mommy? Lipstick is so cool."
And look at her technique. I did not help her put on the lipstick . . .
So our home is starting to look like Advent . . .
and we are looking forward to St. Nicholas's Feast Day too. My St. Nicholas folder is here if you missed it.
Happy Blessed Advent !



This is beautiful! I wish you would have been my pre-school teacher...wait! They didn't have pre-school back then :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful craft! It reminds me of the Posadas! This year we have already plenty of things to do, but I will love to do something like this next year.
ReplyDeleteI always love your crafts!!
ReplyDelete