Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our Advent begins

Wasn't it beautiful to see purple this morning ? 

Advent is here and I'm so glad to be entering this Season of hope and expectation, anticipation, penitence and love. 

A first for us . . . we made bees wax candles for our Advent wreath. 



Our simple homemade wreath, now with even more of a homey-ness feel to it.



Lighting the first candle


O Lord, stir up Thy might, we beg Thee, and come that by Thy protection we may deserve to be rescued from the threatening dangers of our sins and saved by Thy deliverance. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.



6 comments:

  1. What a fantastic thing. Never knew you could do that so easily! I really like that statue you have next to your wreathe and LF's chin is so proudly in the air...a sign of triumph indeed! I left a little answer on my candles back on my post...prior to seeing your new post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Advent, Gardenia!

    And what sweet pictures. And I'm not just saying that because I have the same sweater you're wearing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful and Advent Blessings to you! I purchased bees wax candles this year from Illuminated Ink...maybe next year we'll venture out and make some! Your haircut is absolutely adorable on you..is it new?:+)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!! How did you make your beewax candles? They look great and easy! I also loved the statue of Mary pregnant! What a perfect image for Advent!! Now I have to go finish those folders!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Xhonane, Like Tiffany, we got our beeswax sheets in the advent candle kit from Illuminated Ink. you roll up the sheets with the wick inside, and it's that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful candles! Add to my list titled: "Everything I am going to copy from Gardenia"
    Many Blessings,
    Melanie

    PS I fixed my blog button, would you mind copying the new link??

    ReplyDelete