Thursday, November 11, 2010

St. John Vianney -- August 4


"Here is a rule for everyday life. 
Do not do anything which you cannot offer to God." 
-- St. John Vianney

In researching our next saint, I discovered some beautiful quotes of his . . . things he said as a humble parish priest. 

John Vianney -- August 4

"Love for your neighbor consists of three things:
to desire the greater good of everyone,
to do what good we can when we can,
and to hide other's faults."


"It is always Springtime in the heart that loves God."


"I have had crosses in plenty -- more than I could carry, almost. 
I set myself to ask for the love of crosses -- then I was happy."


This humble Saint is the patron saint of all priests. He gave us an amazing example of holiness by praying, fasting and helping people. He would often hear peoples' confessions for 10 to 12 hours at a time and lived in the church. In honor of the 150th anniversary of St. John Vianney's death, Pope Benedict XVI declared a year for priests, from June 2009 to June 2010.

A prayer composed by St. John Vianney:

I love You, O my God,
and my only desire is to love You
until the last breath of my life.

I love You, O my infinitely lovable God,
and I would rather die loving You,
than live without loving You.

I love You, Lord
and the only grace I ask is to love You eternally...


Read more about Saint John Vianney HERE and HERE
Coloring pages HERE from Waltzing Matilda, and HERE from Relevant Radio.

St. John Vianney, Pray for Us !


Click on HERE to see a listing, in order, of all the Saints and Feast Day folders for the liturgical year, or click on the Archangels folder at the top right of my sidebar.

Also, Xhonane at Familia Catolica has a similar post HERE listing the liturgical folders she has made thus far, and she will add to it as well.




2 comments:

  1. Wow! Those quotes are really powerful! Worth putting on our bulletin board!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first quote a great sentence to ponder through the day and a great one to teach the kids. I agree with Patty, I am writing on our chalk board right now! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete