Thursday, September 16, 2010

"The Little Flower" and her Little Way to Jesus

    

We're getting ready at our house.  The Feast of St. Therese of Lisieux, The Little Flower, is October 1. 



     We'll be decorating this week, and I'll post about that later.  In the meantime, here are our Saint folders for St. Therese, The Little Flower.


St. Therese of Lisieux -- October 1

     St. Therese of Lisieux is a favorite saint of mine. I claimed her as my personal patron saint many years ago.  She has been showering roses on me for many years, and has intercessed for me on countless occasions.  I created two folders to celebrate her. Here is the first one:








     The first folder has two coloring pages hand drawn by Charlotte at Waltzing Matilda here.  And one coloring page from Faith Keepers CD, here.  And a coloring page from Coloring Saints, here.

The prayer I chose:

St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love; ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more. Amen.




Here is the second folder:










     The second folder's coloring page is hand drawn by Vee at Paper Dali here.  She also provides all the drawings of Therese's accessories which I included in the second folder.  Another coloring page here.

The prayer I chose for the second folder:


St. Therese Prayer

O glorious Saint Therese, whom Almighty God has raised up to aid and counsel mankind, I implore your Miraculous Intercession.

So powerful are you in obtaining every need of body and soul our Holy Mother Church proclaims you a "Prodigy of Miracles...the Greatest Saint of Modern Times." Now I fervently beseech you to answer my petition (mention specifics here) and to carry out your promises of spending Heaven doing good upon the earth...of letting fall from Heaven a Shower of Roses.

Henceforth, dear Little Flower, I will fulfill your plea "to be made known everywhere" and I will never cease to lead others to Jesus through you. Amen.

Saint Therese at age 8


     Want to join in and create your own Saint folder on St. Therese ?  Xhonane at Familia Catolica will be creating one soon too, and I'll link to that when it is posted. 


St. Therese at age 13


Read more about St. Therese HERE.
And Read about St. Therese's "Little Way" to Jesus, HERE.  An excerpt:

"Therese's spirituality is simple and she calls it her "little way". She believed and teaches us that life presents enough challenges and opportunities for grace. She teaches us that God is everywhere - in every situation and person - and in the ordinary, simple details of life."

"The smallest action, done with love, is more important than great deeds done for personal glory, gratification or simply out of obedience. Therese teaches us that Jesus is everywhere and is the power for love and goodness operating within us. Such is the power and presence of grace. Therese's life was hidden. To many even in the convent, she seemed like such an average, ordinary person. Her greatness showed in the constancy of her love for others in the most simple ways."


St. Therese of the Child Jesus and the Holy face,
the Little Flower,
pray for us !




Click on HERE to see a listing, in order, of all the Saints and Feast Day folders for the liturgical year, or check out the top right of my sidebar and click on the picture of the Archangels folder.

8 comments:

  1. I left the Catholic church many years ago, but I wanted to tell you how amazingly wonderful I think it is that you're raising LF with such a solid set of beliefs. I think the way you go about celebrating your faith is so very positive and I really, really respect that. LF is very lucky to have such an awesome mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these folders! You picked an awesome patron saint!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you read I Believe In Love, a book written by St. Therese. Different chapters are a little deeper, the first one or two especially. Once you get past those, it is an incredible book. I've been involved with two book clubs that have read it. Very powerful instruction from such a holy person.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Patty ~Loved that book too. It's was a little mini private retreat for me. Oh how I have been blessed to visit the home of St. Therese in Lisieux! You are SO right about her powerful intercession, Gardenia. I will try to post pictures in the coming weeks. Love how the folder turned out! I really need to make time to print some of the pages out. I'd love to do one SOON. Thanks again for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful creations!! I loved them all!! You have done a wonderful job again Gardenia!! I like that you share different options to make the folders!
    St Therese is my oldest daughter's patron saint, so we do too share geat love for her. I hope I can start working on mine soon : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for visiting my "baby steps" blog!! I don't post there often, but I love documenting the little things we do to celebrate our faith.

    I love St. Therese- your file folder project looks great! We had a fun project day making sacrifice beads in her honor a few years ago- I have it posted under my labels. They are very simple.

    I have stopped by your blog via Jen(above)a few times, but it is nice to meet you "officially"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband's special saint as well! She is surely to credit when, after the trauma of infertility and having to place my first daughter back in her birth mother's arms a month after she had been placed in mine [due to a change of heart on her part] left me with a a HUGE brick wall around my ravaged heart, a certain little two year old with the name Maria Teresa snuck over the top and into my heart forever!!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete