Sunday, November 14, 2010

Nativity Candles for Advent




We made these nativity candles yesterday, for Advent. 



I used candles from years passed,
and mod podged some pretty nativity scenes
 on them.  I found the nativity scenes online, so they were free!




I had been looking for glass candle holders with Christmas images on them,
and couldn't find any anywhere so I did the next best thing . . .



The one below will be our Jesus candle which we'll put inside our Advent wreath.


Fourteen days until Advent. 


8 comments:

  1. Gardenia,
    These are absolutely beautiful!! Such a great idea, thanks for always sharing, you are one clever and talented mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are lovely, Gardenia! What wonderful gifts they would make too;-) You always glean such great images for God's glory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I agree with Tiffany...great gift ideas! Isn't mod podge wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look fantastic! I didn't realize you could mod podge directly on a candle!! I have a bunch candles around and we will definitely be doing this. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love it!! I have to share your idea!! Very creative Gardenia!! I would love to do this with my children too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A great idea for the Christmas candle!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Gardenia! Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family!! I am planning on doing this great idea these days... You might want to link it at the Christmas Link Up here: http://beatrizcecheverria.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/fiesta-de-enlaces-navidad-2011/

    ReplyDelete