Thursday, May 19, 2011

Folder for the Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord -- and St. John the Baptist too!

I'm catching up on my Saints and Feast Days folders for the liturgical year.  Here is my folder for The Feast of the Baptism of Our Lord, which is celebrated on January 9.






Art pages here and here which I used on the folder's cover and inside.
Coloring pages here here here (Scroll down) HERE and here
Read more about Christ's baptism HERE and HERE.  These articles are wonderful.

Bibles passages I chose for my folder:

Then Jesus arrived from Galilee at the Jordan coming to John, to be baptized by him. 14But John tried to prevent Him, saying, “I have need to be baptized by You, and do You come to me?” 15But Jesus answering said to him, “Permit it at this time; for in this way it is fitting for us to fulfill all righteousness.” Then he permitted Him. 16After being baptized, Jesus came up immediately from the water; and behold, the heavens were opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending as a dove and lighting on Him, 17and behold, a voice out of the heavens said, “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well-pleased.” 
Matthew 3:13-17


----------------

But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD.  I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people.


No longer will they have need to teach their friends and kinsmen how to know the LORD.  All, from least to greatest, shall know me, says the LORD, for I will forgive their evildoing and remember their sin no more.
Jeremiah 31:33-34


You could also use this folder for the Feast Day of the Nativity of St. John the Baptist, which is June 24.


The Lord was Baptized, not to be cleansed Himself, but to cleanse the waters, so that those waters, cleansed by the flesh of Christ which knew no sin, might have the power of Baptism.



St. Ambrose of Milan






Click on HERE to see a listing, in order, of all the Saints and Feast Day folders I've made for the liturgical year to get ideas for coloring pages, and prayers and saint biographies; or check out the top right of my sidebar and click on the picture of the Archangels folder.

Also, Xhonane at Familia Catolica has a similar post HERE, listing the liturgical folders she has made thus far, and she will add to it as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment